With its numerous cleaning applications and benefits, including being non-toxic, affordable, and inert, baking soda is a household necessity. Here are our best recommendations for using baking soda inside your home to clean it, provided by Ultra Brite Carpet & Tile Cleaning.
1. To get rid of the stench, sprinkle baking soda in the bottom of your kitchen waste can. Repeat this step after adding a new bag.
2. Sprinkle baking soda on scuff marks and grease spills on the floor, then clean with a warm, damp cloth. No-wax floors are safe to use this tip on.
3. Sprinkle baking soda over food burned to the bottom of pots, then add hot water. Overnight soaking will make it much easier for the dried-on food to come off.
4. Make a baking soda paste with three parts baking soda and one part water to remove tough stains from most surfaces. Apply, let it sit, then clean with a scrubber or a cloth.
5. Pour 1/4 cup baking soda down the drain weekly to prevent clogs. Use hot water to rinse thoroughly.
6. To lessen the possibility of spills lingering in the carpet and developing an odor. Sprinkle baking soda on the area after cleaning a spill, as usual, wait a few minutes, and then vacuum.
7. Use 1/4 cup baking soda and 1 quart of warm water to wash children’s toys. To clean toys, either soak them in this cleaning solution or wipe them down with a damp towel. Use water to rinse.
8. To keep clothing fresh, use half the regular baking soda instead of laundry detergent.
9. To boost the bleach’s efficacy, add 1/2 cup of baking soda to the usual amount of bleach while doing your laundry.
10. To prevent odors from accumulating in your laundry hamper between emptyings, add a small amount of baking soda daily.
Ultra Brite Carpet & Tile Cleaning North Shore
79-83 Longueville Road, Lane Cove NSW 2066
(02) 8015 5143